You are here
Implemented by Lawrence County Social Services, Inc. and West Central Job Partnership, the C.A.R.E.E.R.S. Club prepares local teens for the educational and employment opportunities that lie ahead of them. It offers eligible high school students a year round opportunity to participate in academic enrichment activities and receive mentoring, acting as a support system that provides case management services and assistance in eliminating any barriers that may interfere with a young person’s successes. The goal of the Club is to help improve students’ attendance and overall performance in school, ultimately leading to high school graduation and developing a career plan for beyond.
General Services Provided:
• Weekly career-readiness workshops and tutoring sessions.
• Monetary rewards for attendance, grades, behavior, diploma and more.
• Summer paid-work experience opportunities.
• Community Service events (that fulfill requirements for school).
• YMCA memberships (free!).
• Intergenerational Mentoring benefits.
• Parent Involvement Nights (including local experts to assist in raising healthy youth).
• Field trips.
• Enrolled in 9th-12th grade in any Lawrence County area school district.
• Varying income guidelines apply.