You are here
Project Direction and Activities for Dads (Project D.A.D.) touches both fathers and children by coaching, mentoring and guiding them in dealing with the challenges of fatherhood today. Each workshop includes a father/child activity, discussion and dinner or refreshments. Several field trips are planned for the program. Some Project D.A.D. workshops are facilitated by fathers from the community, previous workshop graduates who become peer facilitators and are supported by LCCAP education staff.
General Services Provided:
• Provides assistance in helping fathers spend productive time with their children as well as ensuring the experience is of good quality and is educational.
• Provides fathers/male role models the opportunity to engage in planned recreational activities with their children.
• Target population: Fathers who have full, partial or no custody of their child, as well as those men providing guardianship or acting as a male role model for a child.
• Uncles, older brothers, grandfathers, family friends and others are welcome to the program with children they are male role models for.
• No income guidelines apply.